Track Response Time and Resource Consumption of WebSphere transactions
IntelliMagic Vision supports the WebSphere Application Server for z/OS transaction logging records (SMF 120 subtype 9), enabling you to track transaction response time and resource consumption. These records provide detailed transaction-level metrics on where the work runs and the nature of the work, including processor consumption, transferred bytes, and response times.
IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS WebSphere Use Cases
- Ensure service level expectations from the users are met
- Identify any significant dispatch or queue delays that may occur
- Track the resource consumption for the WebSphere environment as a whole and for individual clusters or URI’s
- Compare today with last week or last month, to investigate resource usage trends, e.g. to check whether a new application version has a measurable impact
- Check the data volume for the transactions, to make sure that application changes did not impact
- Capacity planning based on long-term trends
Get in Touch
Have questions about our WebSphere features, or want to set up a demo? Our experts are more than happy to answer any questions you have!
Deriving Insights from SMF 115 MQ Statistics Data
SMF 115 MQ Statistics records report metrics at the MQ queue manager level. These records are lightweight and have negligible CPU cost, so sites typically generate MQ Statistics records on an ongoing basis.
MQ Statistics - Learning From SMF
This article is designed to introduce you to the types of insights that are available through SMF data with a focus on the SMF 115 MQ Statistics data. After reading, you will have a better understanding of how MQ functions.
Monitoring TCP/IP Performance for z/OS with SMF 119 Metrics
Gain visibility into the mainframe TCP/IP communications infrastructure performance with SMF 119 metrics. Numerous activity and utilization metrics are reported.