Track Response Time and Resource Consumption of WebSphere transactions
IntelliMagic Vision supports the WebSphere Application Server for z/OS transaction logging records (SMF 120 subtype 9), enabling you to track transaction response time and resource consumption. These records provide detailed transaction-level metrics on where the work runs and the nature of the work, including processor consumption, transferred bytes, and response times.
IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS WebSphere Use Cases
- Ensure service level expectations from the users are met
- Identify any significant dispatch or queue delays that may occur
- Track the resource consumption for the WebSphere environment as a whole and for individual clusters or URI’s
- Compare today with last week or last month, to investigate resource usage trends, e.g. to check whether a new application version has a measurable impact
- Check the data volume for the transactions, to make sure that application changes did not impact
- Capacity planning based on long-term trends
Get in Touch
Have questions about our WebSphere features, or want to set up a demo? Our experts are more than happy to answer any questions you have!
Monitoring TCP/IP Performance for z/OS with SMF 119 Metrics
Gain visibility into the mainframe TCP/IP communications infrastructure performance with SMF 119 metrics. Numerous activity and utilization metrics are reported.
Mainframe Security’s Latest Tool for Ensuring Encryption Standards are Met
zERT data can enable the mainframe security team to both evaluate ongoing adherence to security policies and programmatically provide data for required reporting to auditors and compliance officers.
z/OS TCP/IP Encryption Compliance Analysis
Security policies and standards such as FIPS-140-2 require data transmissions to be encrypted with specific standards. Ensuring and proving encryption compliance on mainframes is of course, as important as it is for other platforms.