CICS is the leading z/OS transaction manager, and as with other technologies across the platform, it produces extensive SMF metrics that offer rich potential insights for its management and operation. Watch this session and find out how much you can learn through exploring CICS Transaction (SMF 110.1) and CICS Statistics (110.2) data.
Our learning journey will include:
- Leveraging automated assessments of key metrics to proactively direct your attention to potential risks to CICS region availability and performance
- Navigating through the typically large numbers of regions and massive volumes of transaction data to quickly focus analysis on the desired subset of data
- Logical grouping of the approximately 100 timing buckets provided for CICS transactions to facilitate response time analysis
- An introduction into the many other types of metrics available at the transaction level from the more than 270 non-timing related fields in the 110.1 records
- Visibility into levels of detail within CICS regions provided by the Statistics data including by storage area, TCB pool and mode, TCLASS, and file and enqueue names
More IntelliMagic zAcademy Sessions
From CPU MF Counters to z16 Invoices: Thoughts on the Impact of Processor Cache Measurements | IntelliMagic zAcademy
The z16 introduced substantial processor cache design changes. Learn how this impacts the operation and efficiency of your workloads.
Insights into New XCF Path Usage Metrics | IntelliMagic zAcademy
Gain a better understanding of how XCF operates in general, tips about how to optimize their environment for the new paradigm, and information about what can be learned from the new Path Usage metrics.
Closing the Gap on Mainframe Application Profiling | IntelliMagic zAcademy
Break down the barriers between z/OS and distributed systems and communicate specific methods both sides can use to classify workloads properly.