CICS is the leading z/OS transaction manager, and as with other technologies across the platform, it produces extensive SMF metrics that offer rich potential insights for its management and operation. Watch this session and find out how much you can learn through exploring CICS Transaction (SMF 110.1) and CICS Statistics (110.2) data.
Our learning journey will include:
- Leveraging automated assessments of key metrics to proactively direct your attention to potential risks to CICS region availability and performance
- Navigating through the typically large numbers of regions and massive volumes of transaction data to quickly focus analysis on the desired subset of data
- Logical grouping of the approximately 100 timing buckets provided for CICS transactions to facilitate response time analysis
- An introduction into the many other types of metrics available at the transaction level from the more than 270 non-timing related fields in the 110.1 records
- Visibility into levels of detail within CICS regions provided by the Statistics data including by storage area, TCB pool and mode, TCLASS, and file and enqueue names
More IntelliMagic zAcademy Sessions
Best Practices in CICS Performance Analysis (Transactions and Statistics) | IntelliMagic zAcademy
This session will introduce you to several best practices for enhancing your analysis of CICS Transaction and Statistics data.
Ways to Achieve Mainframe Cost Savings | IntelliMagic zAcademy
This webinar shows ways sites have reduced CPU and expenses so that you can identify ones potentially applicable in your environment.
Top ‘IntelliMagic zAcademy’ Webinars of 2022
View the top rated mainframe performance webinars of 2022 covering duration, Db2, XCF, z16, and much more!