This policy sets out how we handle your personal information if you’re an IntelliMagic user or visitor to our Sites. It applies across IntelliMagic Sites. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘IntelliMagic’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Sites.
The type of personal information we collect
We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Sites.
The most common types of information we collect include things like: IP addresses, web analytics data, and any information you may provide such as email addresses, other contact details, and blog comments.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, and automatically as you navigate through the Sites.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you subscribe to a newsletter or email list, submit feedback, fill out a form to watch a video or download a white paper, or send us a communication.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information:
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Sites;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g., to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
- purposes which are required by law;
- the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- companies that are in the IntelliMagic group which are located in Germany and the US;
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in the Netherlands and US; technical and customer support services which are located in the Netherlands and the US; marketing and analytics services which are located in the US; and operational tooling services which are located in the US. Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations.
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- other recipients where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
We are based in the Netherlands, so your data will be processed in the Netherlands. Some of the recipients we have described in the section above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, are based outside the Netherlands.
How we keep your personal information secure
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by clicking the update preferences link at the bottom of our emails. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. To make an access or correction request, contact our privacy champion using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g., if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
Cookies and web analytics
When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you submitted your information in a form before it is possible the next time you see a form it is (partially) prefilled. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Sites; and
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Information you make public or give to others
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information or to provide you with the IntelliMagic services, you can request that we erase your personal information.
When we need to update this policy
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact our privacy officer at privacy@IntelliMagic.com.
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e., to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.