IntelliMagic’s IT Operation Analytics solutions manage the performance and availability of critical IT resources such as z/OS, enterprise storage, and SAN infrastructure.
Our products perform intelligent analysis of performance and configuration data using embedded expert knowledge about hardware architecture and throughput capabilities in order to protect availability. This is what we call Availability Intelligence.
This modernized, intelligent interpretation detects risks before issues impact production, uncovers true root causes, and identifies optimization opportunities. Ultimately this enables IT staff to deliver a higher level of application service reliability at optimal cost.
IntelliMagic was founded in 2002 and has since grown to deliver its solutions to Fortune 500 companies, some of the world’s largest IT datacenters, as well as storage hardware vendors. IntelliMagic employs technical staff with deep expertise in the world of performance analysis and capacity modeling. The interaction with our customers keep us at the forefront of knowledge regarding infrastructure performance and availability.
Mission and Values
Our goal is to let customers reduce availability risk and increase service levels to the applications, while at the same time decreasing the cost level. IntelliMagic uncovers hidden infrastructure availability risks by applying platform-specific knowledge to performance measurement data. We believe time should be spent on preventing issues instead of on fire-fighting, and that hardware configurations do not need to be oversized in order to assure continuous availability.
Performance analysis and capacity planning for enterprise storage and infrastructure are based on vast quantities of data. IntelliMagic’s products perform the entire path of collecting and filtering raw measurement data, intelligently analyzing to reveal the hidden meaning of the metrics, and presenting the results in daily dashboards and detailed graphs. This allows users to spend their time preventing problems rather than fighting fires.
Our advanced algorithms supply deep knowledge to the user, without requiring them to become an expert themselves in the mathematics of performance management and modeling.
IntelliMagic products use intelligent data interpretation in combination with an effective, flexible and intuitive user interface. Our goal is complete customer satisfaction, so responsiveness to customer questions and a customer-first mentality are very important to us.
Expertise, technological agility, and mathematical precision are the qualities we pursue in our company and products.
We strive towards long-term relationships with our employees, customers, and suppliers.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic – Arthur C. Clarke, 20th Century Science Fiction writer.
It is with this adage in mind that the name IntelliMagic came to life. IntelliMagic’s products use embedded expert knowledge to create intelligence out of raw data. The way millions of raw metrics are turned into valuable results requires deep intelligence, but feels like magic.
If you would like to find out more about IntelliMagic, feel free to contact us.
Phone: +1 800-551-8326
Global Partner and Reseller
Events: User Groups, Conferences, and Webinars
IntelliMagic attends several industry events and hosts many webinars in the US and Europe every year. You can visit our booth and attend our presentations at the following events:
- IBM Systems Technical University, May 20 – 24, Berlin, Germany
- Webinar, May 30, “An Insider’s Thoughts on Managing MLC Software Costs and Opportunities”
- IDUG Db2 Tech Conference, June 2-6, Charlotte, NC
- CIAB FEBRABAN, June 11-13, São Paulo, Brazil
- Webinar, June 25, “Modernize Db2 SMF Analysis with Smarter Algorithms”
- SHARE, August 4-9, Pittsburgh, PA
- IBM Systems Technical University, October 7-11, Las Vegas, NV
- IBM Systems Technical University, April 29 – May 3, Atlanta, GA
- Webinar, April 24, “Understanding and Analyzing IBM Spectrum Virtualize Replication”
- Webinar, April 25, “(Road) Rage Against the Machine: Understanding – and Dealing with – z14 Traffic Patterns”
- Southwest CMG, April 17, Coppell, TX
- Webinar, March 27, “Analysis and Monitoring of Db2 and CICS SMF Performance Data”
- SHARE, March 10-15, Phoenix, AZ
- Webinar, March 5, “Best Practices in 2019 for z/OS Application Infrastructure Availability”
- Webinar, February 28, “Predict Storage and Compute Risks Before They Impact Your Business”
- Webinar, February 12, “CICS & Db2 Performance Analytics Based on SMF Data”
- Webinar, January 31, “Best Practices for z/OS Application Infrastructure Availability in 2019”
- Webinar, November 29, “CICS & Db2 Performance Analytics Based on SMF Data”
- Webinar, October 30, “RMF/SMF Analysis—Get Ahead of the Curve with Statistical Analysis”
- IBM Systems Technical University, October 8-12, Hollywood, FL
- Webinar, September 26, “Best Practices for Managing z/OS Virtual Tape Performance”
- Webinar, August 30, “zHyperLink: The Holy Grail of Mainframe I/O”
- SHARE, August 12, St. Louis, MO
- Webinar, July 24, “CICS & Db2 Performance Analytics Based on SMF Data”
- CMG Connecticut, May 11, Cromwell, CT
- Webinar, May 9, “Easy z/OS Application Performance Testing Services from the Infrastructure Perspective”
- IBM Systems Technical University, April 30, Orlando, FL
- Webinar, March 29, “Performance and Capacity Insights for your Outsourced Mainframe”
- Webinar, March 27, “Strategies for SAN Data Storage Infrastructure Predictability in 2018”
- VMware User Group UserCon, March 21, Toronto, Canada
- SHARE, March 11-15, Sacramento, CA
- Webinar, February 27, “2018 RMF/SMF Analytics – Status & Predictions”
- Webinar, Jan. 30, “2018 RMF/SMF Analytics – Status & Predictions”
- Webinar, Dec. 7, “Achieving CPU (& MLC) Savings on z13 and z14 by Optimizing Processor Cache”
- Webinar, Nov. 30, End-to-End Storage Infrastructure Analytics with Topology Viewer
- IBM Z Technical University, November 13-17, Washington, D.C.
- CMG, November 6-9, New Orleans, LA
- Webinar, Nov. 1, “Predictive Analysis from RMF/SMF for Enhanced Performance & Capacity Planning”
- VMware User Group UserCon, October 26, Phoenix, Arizona
- VMware User Group UserCon, October 19, Atlanta, Georgia
- VMware User Group UserCon, October 10, Dallas, Texas
- Webinar, Oct. 4, “Predictive Intelligence from RMF/SMF for Enhanced Performance & Capacity Planning”
- Webinar, Sep. 27, “Agile z/OS Application Infrastructure Performance Testing for DevOps”
- Webinar, Sep. 14, “Modernize RMF/SMF Interpretation for Superior z/OS STORAGE Performance Management”
- Storage Strategy Days 2017, September 13-14, Ehningen, Germany
- Webinar, Aug. 31, “Bridging the z/OS Performance and Capacity Planning Skills Gap”
- SHARE, August 6-11, Providence, RI
- Webinar, July 19, “Modernize RMF/SMF Analysis for Superior z/OS Storage Infrastructure Management”
- Webinar, June 12, “Modernize z/OS Application Infrastructure Operations Analysis with RMF/SMF”
- IBM Systems Technical University, May 22 – 26, Orlando, Florida
- Webinar, May 22, “Modernize RMF/CMF & SMF Interpretation for Superior z/OS Systems Performance Management”
- GSE Nordic Conference 2017, May 2 – 4, Fornebu, Norway
- Webinar, April 26, “Achieving CPU (& MLC) Savings Through Optimizing Processor Cache”
- Webinar, April 25, “Restoring Data Storage Predictability”
- Webinar, March 21, “IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS Version 8.10”
- SHARE, March 5-10, San Jose, CA
- Webinar, February 1, “Beyond Capping: Significantly Reduce z13 MLC with Processor Cache Efficiency”
IntelliMagic is a steadily growing company and regularly has career opportunities in the Netherlands and the United States.
Take your first step toward joining a diverse and inspiring global team that is growing. As a leader in availability intelligence, IntelliMagic encourages employees to showcase their talents and seize exciting opportunities to make a difference.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join us. Find out more about IntelliMagic or read what our employees have to say. Most of these pages are in Dutch; a fluency in Dutch and English, residency in the Netherlands and willingness to commute or move to Leiden are absolute requirements for all Dutch jobs. If you are not fluent in Dutch yet, you should be eager to improve through an intensive course, so that you can become fluent.
IntelliMagic is official sponsor of First Chess Team of LSG
Update – April 9th, 2018: Congratulations to LSG IntelliMagic for winning the Dutch Chess Premier League! With still one round to go they are already the new national champion. Last Saturday they won the pre-final round against MUConsult Apeldoorn. They remained undefeated the whole season! IntelliMagic feels privileged to be sponsor of this excellent team.
Earlier this year they became best sports team of the year 2017 in the city of Leiden. In 2017 they reached the 2nd place in the Dutch Chess Premier League. In the battle for the European Chess Club Cup they became 5th last year.
Chess and software development
In chess, the best results are achieved when science, intelligence and art come together to produce something beautiful. IntelliMagic believes quality software is developed in a strikingly similar manner.
Science is the most important ingredient. IntelliMagic employees typically have academic backgrounds in mathematics, electrical engineering, physics, computer science or other technical disciplines. As in chess, thorough subject matter expertise is the basis of everything that IntelliMagic does.
Intelligence is a crucial element for translating theory into practice. Applied intelligence is needed to visualize the future and anticipate setbacks. Identifying opportunities and risks is very important in chess and is also integral to the everyday work of IntelliMagic.
When complexity becomes increasingly large, calculations alone may be insufficient and must be supported by a more abstract art: intuition, almost indistinguishable from magic.
Sponsoring Leiden Chess Society
With all this in mind, IntelliMagic has entered into a multi-year sponsorship agreement with the Leiden Chess Society (Leidsch Schaakgenootschap or LSG). LSG is the oldest chess club in Leiden, the home town of IntelliMagic headquarters in the Netherlands. The city of Leiden has been an important haven for both science and chess for hundreds of years. Many famous chess Grandmasters were born in Leiden, and the city has always attracted numerous titled players from other countries because of its rich chess culture.
The first team of LSG is led and trained by the famous Bosnian-Dutch Grandmaster Predrag Nikolic, who has been national champion of Yugoslavia as well as the Netherlands. The team plays in the top Dutch chess league, the Master league. As a result of this sponsorship, the first team will now be playing under the name “LSG IntelliMagic”.
This sponsorship will also enable LSG to attract young and talented chess players who come to Leiden to study or work. Conversely, this sponsorship enhances IntelliMagic’s reputation as an inspiring employer in the heart of Leiden – a place where intelligent University graduates may find a challenging career.
For a Dutch version, click here.