CICS is the leading z/OS transaction manager, and as with other technologies across the platform, it produces extensive SMF metrics that offer rich potential insights for its management and operation. Watch this session and find out how much you can learn through exploring CICS Transaction (SMF 110.1) and CICS Statistics (110.2) data.
Our learning journey will include:
- Leveraging automated assessments of key metrics to proactively direct your attention to potential risks to CICS region availability and performance
- Navigating through the typically large numbers of regions and massive volumes of transaction data to quickly focus analysis on the desired subset of data
- Logical grouping of the approximately 100 timing buckets provided for CICS transactions to facilitate response time analysis
- An introduction into the many other types of metrics available at the transaction level from the more than 270 non-timing related fields in the 110.1 records
- Visibility into levels of detail within CICS regions provided by the Statistics data including by storage area, TCB pool and mode, TCLASS, and file and enqueue names
You May Also Be Interested In:
Best Practices in CICS Performance Analysis (Transactions and Statistics) | IntelliMagic zAcademy
This session will introduce you to several best practices for enhancing your analysis of CICS Transaction and Statistics data.
Analysis of CPU By Plan: CICS Transaction (110.1) and Db2 Accounting (101) Part 2
Integrated visibility between Db2 Accounting and CICS Transaction data can correlate CICS transaction IDs driving high CPU in Db2 with the CICS profile of the transaction.
Elapsed Time Profiles by Correlation ID: CICS Transaction (110.1) and Db2 Accounting (101) Part 1
This video shows how viewing CICS Call Attach work by Correlation ID enables both CICS and Db2 teams to view elapsed time profiles within Db2 corresponding to each CICS transaction ID.