Disaster Recovery requirements are getting stricter, and mirroring virtual tape is not easy.
This webinar discusses the best practices for managing your replicated tape environment, with particular focus on IBM TS7700 and Oracle VSM environments, so you can properly monitor the performance of your z/OS Tape infrastructure and prevent performance problems before they occur.
This webinar will help you:
- Understand peak replicated works
- Ensure you have enough bandwidth between (end of batch and online)
- Understand differences in how you manage this between Oracle and IBM
- Understand the measurement between Oracle and IBM (Deferred Queue Age) Oracle (Exposure Time)
- Understand inbound and outbound data rate
IBM TS7700 Performance Areas:
- IBM Health Checks Top Things to Look at
- Replication (Time delayed deferred copy, deferred copy, synchronous)
- Stuck Tapes
- Dormant Cluster (queues grow and no workload is getting done)
- Throughput (Important to know what the desired workload is matching required ports/channels) – make sure hardware matches workload requirements
- Host Write and Copy Throttle
- RPO – How old is the tape?
Oracle VSM Performance Areas:
- Oracle Health Check Top Things to Look at
- Replication types (Synch and Asynch)
- Interfaces for Hardware
- Network problems and mis-configurations
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive great quality content in your inbox on:
- performance tips and best practices from industry experts
- tutorials and walkthroughs
- latest industry news
- valuable resources
- upcoming events
- and more
Complete the Form to Sign Up
You May Also Be Interested In:
How to Find Sick But Not Dead (SBND) TS7700 Tape Clusters
Rather than waiting for a remote VTS to fail, you should be reviewing these key TS7700 reports to determine if remote clusters are receiving replication data or not.
Are My Remote Clusters Receiving Replication?
Review these key reports when troubleshooting remote cluster issues or trying to determine if your remote clusters are receiving replication.
TS7700 Synchronous Mode Copy Benefits
Compared to a reduced RPO, a lesser-known benefit to using Synchronous Mode is a more efficient cache flow and therefore a more efficient utilization of the disk cache.