Db2 produces extensive SMF metrics that can provide great insights into how the many facets of your Db2 environment are operating.
Attend this session and find out how much you can learn through exploring Db2 Accounting data (SMF 101) data, along with other types of SMF data that shed light on Db2 operation and performance, including:
- Examining the differing profiles of work generated by the various callers of Db2 services (“connection type”), including CPU and SQL activity, suspend events, and elapsed time profiles
- Exploring the visibility provided by “correlation ID” into the specific drivers of Db2 activity (e.g., by CICS transaction, batch job, etc.)
- How focusing analysis of DDF work by “authorization ID” can help manage what is often a challenging workload
- Drilling into metrics at the plan (and package) levels to navigate through the typically massive volumes of accounting data and quickly focus analysis on the desired subset of data
- Introducing important Db2 operational insights that can be derived from integration with other data types, including CICS transaction (SMF 110.1) data
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and great quality content in your inbox on:
- the latest industry news
- interesting webinars
- great blogs
- high-quality white papers
- performance tips
- and much more
Fill Out the Form
Db2 for z/OS Related Resources
Don’t Keep Your CPU Waiting: Speed Reading for Machines | IntelliMagic zAcademy
This webinar discusses the many tiers of storage in IT systems and offers ideas about how to optimize access to those areas.
Ways to Achieve Mainframe Cost Savings | IntelliMagic zAcademy
This webinar shows ways sites have reduced CPU and expenses so that you can identify ones potentially applicable in your environment.
Top ‘IntelliMagic zAcademy’ Webinars of 2022
View the top rated mainframe performance webinars of 2022 covering duration, Db2, XCF, z16, and much more!