Db2 produces extensive SMF metrics that can provide great insights into how the many facets of your Db2 environment are operating.
Attend this session and find out how much you can learn through exploring Db2 Accounting data (SMF 101) data, along with other types of SMF data that shed light on Db2 operation and performance, including:
- Examining the differing profiles of work generated by the various callers of Db2 services (“connection type”), including CPU and SQL activity, suspend events, and elapsed time profiles
- Exploring the visibility provided by “correlation ID” into the specific drivers of Db2 activity (e.g., by CICS transaction, batch job, etc.)
- How focusing analysis of DDF work by “authorization ID” can help manage what is often a challenging workload
- Drilling into metrics at the plan (and package) levels to navigate through the typically massive volumes of accounting data and quickly focus analysis on the desired subset of data
- Introducing important Db2 operational insights that can be derived from integration with other data types, including CICS transaction (SMF 110.1) data
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and great quality content in your inbox on:
- the latest industry news
- interesting webinars
- great blogs
- high-quality white papers
- performance tips
- and much more
Fill Out the Form
Db2 for z/OS Related Resources
Mainframe Health Checks 101 – When was your last checkup?
Comprehensive health checks for your z/OS mainframe are essential for avoiding potential performance or availability issues.
zAcademy: zHyperLink Read Performance & Lessons Learned
Watch Joe Hyde as he shares recent Db2 production data which highlights the speed of zHyperLink read I/Os and other lessons learned.
zAcademy: Insights You Can Gain from Integrated Visibility Across Types of SMF Data
Expand your awareness of ways your analysis can benefit from combining insights across z/OS data types.