Db2 produces extensive SMF metrics that can provide great insights into how the many facets of your Db2 environment are operating.
Attend this session and find out how much you can learn through exploring Db2 Accounting data (SMF 101) data, along with other types of SMF data that shed light on Db2 operation and performance, including:
- Examining the differing profiles of work generated by the various callers of Db2 services (“connection type”), including CPU and SQL activity, suspend events, and elapsed time profiles
- Exploring the visibility provided by “correlation ID” into the specific drivers of Db2 activity (e.g., by CICS transaction, batch job, etc.)
- How focusing analysis of DDF work by “authorization ID” can help manage what is often a challenging workload
- Drilling into metrics at the plan (and package) levels to navigate through the typically massive volumes of accounting data and quickly focus analysis on the desired subset of data
- Introducing important Db2 operational insights that can be derived from integration with other data types, including CICS transaction (SMF 110.1) data
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive great quality content in your inbox on:
- performance tips and best practices from industry experts
- tutorials and walkthroughs
- latest industry news
- valuable resources
- upcoming events
- and more
Complete the Form to Sign Up
What's New with IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS? 2024.2
February 26, 2024 | This month we've introduced changes to the presentation of Db2, CICS, and MQ variables from rates to counts, updates to Key Processor Configuration, and the inclusion of new report sets for CICS Transaction Event Counts.
A Mainframe Roundtable: The SYSPROGS | IntelliMagic zAcademy
Discover the vital role of SYSPROGs in the mainframe world. Join industry experts in a concise webinar for insights and strategies in system programming.
What's New with IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS? 2024.1
January 29, 2024 | This month we've introduced updates to the Subsystem Topology Viewer, new Long-term MSU/MIPS Reporting, updates to ZPARM settings and Average Line Configurations, as well as updates to TCP/IP Communications reports.