Ensure Sufficient Capacity & Consistent Performance for IBM zEDC
IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS Systems provides the visibility you need to effectively manage zEDC. With this solution, you’ll be able to:
- Ensure sufficient capacity and consistent performance
- Access flexible drilldowns to see data at various levels
- Visualize a comprehensive set of reports to effectively manage performance
Monitor zEDC & Z Systems Performance
Interactive data navigation, historical reporting and comparisons, and a comprehensive set of zEDC reports.
Troubleshoot to find IT failures immediately—before they become big problems.
Monitor zEDC Usage & Optimize Performance
One challenge many mainframe sites experience with their legacy SMF reporting is keeping up with emerging technologies. IBM’s z Enterprise Data Compression (zEDC) is one of those emerging technologies that represent a new component in your infrastructure that must be properly managed.
zEDC hardware compression has numerous benefits:
- Relatively straightforward and inexpensive to implement
- Can be leveraged by numerous widely used access methods and products
- Reduces disk storage requirements and I/O elapsed times
- Minimal CPU cost since almost all the processing is offloaded to the hardware.
However, without proper visibility and management, these benefits can largely be lost. In addition to card utilizations, IntelliMagic Vision provides a comprehensive set of reports including compression ratios, service and queue times, and request rates and throughput. And using the highly flexible drill-down capabilities of IntelliMagic Vision, this data can be viewed at the processor, system, card, or address space level.
Get in Touch
Have questions about our capabilities for zEDC and other z/OS Systems areas or want to set up a demo? Our experts are more than happy to answer any questions you have!